Skip to main content

RIP Dr. Abdul Kalam, My President Till Now

Today is turning out to be one of those days that you wished had never come. After terrorist attack at Gurdaspur, one of my favorite persons - APJ Abdul Kalam - has died. The last I felt such sinking feeling in my heart was on the death of Jaspal Bhatti.

Of all the things I've learnt from him, two come to my mind instantly:
  • Simplicity: No body can imagine that Dr. Kalam, after leaving Rashtrapati Home, stayed in a one and half room hut with a small bathroom till the time he was allocated a permanent home.
  • Motivation: He was born to motivate people.Even today, he died in the moment he loved doing. When we read about Dr.Kalam, he has written that he wanted to be a pilot but couldn't clear the physical tests. But its amazing how many people he gave wings to fly.
There's so much more that i want to write, but words are failing me. Will continue later.

Comments

Shruti Dev said…
No matter how much we write for this great person, words will fail all of us. What you've written is true from the heart, and people like me respect that. Kalam Sir was a memorable person.
Nitima Sood said…
He is, and forever remain.
Thanks for sharing your thought Shruti.
Anonymous said…
"You have to dream before your dreams can come true."
What a great visionary. I always felt determined after reading his quote.
Sakshi Soorpa said…
All we ever wanted from you sit was the chance to call you our president once again.
Great article, Thanks for your great information, the content is quiet interesting. I will be waiting for your next post.

Popular posts from this blog

Demystifying The 4:00 am Morning Routine

What happens when you get up early? That’s a question I have researched many times. I like getting up early and knowing that it does good for my body & mood; I get that extra strength to keep this habit. In this article, I explore some of the deeper mysteries of how the mind works when it is activated earlier than usual. Hope you feel as inspired reading it as much as I loved writing it. Making the morning routine To those who can get up early without setting alarm, I say you are blessed. Not many have that much of control over the self. To me, the greatest thing that made me develop this habit was reframing my idea of it. I had tried everything. From putting up a running gear in bed for the morning to setting puzzles as the alarm on the phone, I did it all. Some days I got up before the alarm even rang, but other days were a pain. I slogged out of bed, put down the alarm, and slept again. The intoxicating morning sleep had me in its ever-long grasps. Every night I wo

Kasab - Our National Guest

Mumbai attacks, The Burning Taj and Kasab Our national guest - Ajmal Amir Kasab has turned 2 in our custody. People celebrate birthdays but we will celebrate this anniversary by opening our borders, by applauding our enemies and by sending a lists of wanted terrorists to our dear neighbour, most of whom are already with us.  Well folks, that's India. We'll keep Ajmal Amir Kasab as our guest. Who cares if he killed people. They get killed everyday. India loves you darling. Our slogan is - "Atithi Devo Bhava". Your stay expenses are on us. Please eat, sleep and live a relaxed life. After all, how many of your brothers get a chance to shed innocent blood? Kasab ji and his wishes  India is a rich state. We have given you lawyer for free. We will give you all the comforts till you live. We don't have money to feed our own people but don't worry. You are our nation's priority so we give you security which is more than what 99% of Indians & forei

International Literacy Day